The Global Media Weekly for executives and entrepreneurs

YouGov acquires SMG sports for up to £21m

Research. The UK quoted £110m-revenue research firm YouGov has held a 20% stake in SMG Insight, a sports research agency, since 2010 and is now acquiring the remaining 80%. SMG Insight had generated £1.2m pre-tax profit in the year to 31 March 2018. Cash consideration of £1m is payable at completion, with a further £1m payable in 12 months, in addition to deferred consideration reflecting a 4.25x multiple of EBITDA to be paid over three-years. Total consideration is capped at £21m.